Airbiz has developed a signature approach to Terminal Planning that responds to airport user needs and demands. We deliver this with customised analytical tools in an interactive workshop environment, to achieve the most efficient and strategically viable and cost effective total solution.
- Clearly defined development strategies for all types of airport terminals
- An assessment of future commercial and operational opportunities
- A prioritised approach to terminal development
- Detailed consultation and integration of input from key stakeholders
- Functional planning for terminal development which responds to detailed demand analysis, passenger flows, flexibility to meet future growth
- Strategies to improve revenue generation through the strategic placement of commercial opportunities
- Operational planning for call-to-board strategies
- Capacity assessment of existing terminal facilities
- Capacity and Level of Service (LoS) advisory services for investment groups looking to acquire airports.
- The terminal planning team understands that passenger facilitation, security and safety are critical considerations for successful terminal development.
- Conceptual design and development
- Demand and capacity analysis – annual, busy hour, passenger and aircraft
- The development of facility requirements to meet LoS objectives and future growth
- Functional design reviews and audits based on LoS criteria
- Preparation of design briefs
- Passenger and baggage simulation
- Planning and design parameters
- Spatial analysis and functional area requirements
- Retail planning and commercial analysis
- 3D visualisation and fly-throughs
- Operational fly-throughs.
Airbiz has global Terminal Planning experience with successful projects across the Asia Pacific, Middle Eastern, European and North American regions. Some of our key projects are as follows:
- Marseille Airport MP1 Terminal Expansion
- Dubai International Airport Facility Studies
- Hong Kong International Airport Studies
- Singapore Changi Terminal Development Strategies
- Phoenix International Airport T4 S1 Concourse Expansion
- Calgary International Terminal Facility Expansion
- Heathrow Airport Facility Studies
- Sydney Airport Development Strategy
- Brussels Airport 'Connector' Study
- Melbourne Airport International and Domestic Terminal Planning
- Brisbane Airport International and Domestic Terminal Strategies
- Perth Airport Terminal Development Concepts
- Auckland Airport Consolidation Planning
- King Shaka Durban Terminal Planning.